PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 10:52
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the PCCC. I would have thought that anyone wanting to join them would also want to know where they were coming from.
I know it suits some of the more rabid on here that they are just different from BASSA so that's enough. However, surely a potential member would want to be sure that they are not just company stooges or political pawns. Knowing where their funding originates is just a fundamental question you would ask before joining any organisation.
If they are genuine and truly represent their membership then I wish them luck. To be different they must be more transparent. The leadership must stand up and be counted. If they are afraid of some sort of campaign against them then they shouldn't be in the positions they have put themselves.
I note on their site that they say you do not have to leave your current TU to be a member of PCCC. I'm not sure this is correct, however if it is that would be an opportunity for BASSA members (if they wished) to join and influence or destroy anything that PCCC want to achieve.
Whatever happens, division will be the way within BA for a long time to come.