PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 04:04
KeLC13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 Titan

It's totally cool if you don't appreciate people that admire pilots and the industry and serious about becoming a pilot. That wouldn't stop me at least. I'm determined and I know it is something I want to do. Not for fun, but actually to make a living out of it. It may be tough as you said, but I had considered that. Life in Toronto is not too different from Hong Kong due to heavy tax.
As I said, I know people who make less but still manage to live in Hong Kong. Making money is definitely a conern, don't get me wrong. Otherwise, as you said, I'll just fly for fun. Why go through the application, right? My current job doesn't pay much.

I truly appreciate your bluntness. You are just stating the truth and making sure we are seeing the big picture. I thank you for that.

I do have a few questions for you.
Will you tell the same speech for someone just wanting to work in HK? Say someone wanting to work for the bank and had to start low. They make very little as well. Or are you just against people applying for cadet? Do you hate being a pilot?

Thanks again.