PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 22:12
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but work is something an employee gets paid for, not the other way around!
I earned 35,000 after tax in my first 12 months at FR. In anyone's books that is not contrary to the basic principle of 'employment' to which you refer and is preferable to unemployment.

and also paid for their pilots uniform
Small change and tax deductable. In the 5 years I worked in another industry I bought 2 new suits a year and lunch each day out of my taxed income. Free uniforms and food? I would advise people to join the Air Force if those are their primary criteria for a job.

The FR bashers think that it is bad for aviation as a whole.
Everybody agrees with that statement but the industry has already evolved. Do you think that the subsidised aviation industry of the past could hope to survive into the 21st Century? A state subsidised travel service for the monied classes that rewarded pilots in the postwar era with generous terms and conditions surviving in the iPad world like an aerial Gentleman's Club? FR and others brought airline travel to the masses. Terms and conditions for pilots have rationalised. Get used to it.

I stand by my earlier comments about the 'exodus' of pilots out of FR.