PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Operators and Ops1
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 20:53
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now having worked in a big many pilot company, SOP and the like works really well but a SOP and ops Manuel for me, and the other guy is more like trying to plug a leak with 358 pages of crap. And cost enough to build a new dam.
Quote of the year right there....

I'm looking at it the other way, if I'm 80% there then I might as well go the other 20% spend 40k on the CAA fees and a couple of audits at 15k each, cherrypick some choice charterwork and heres the rub.....be able to operate at a loss without worry and give the established charter operators a run for their money..

My boss will see it as being compelled to take the train to Liverpool at vast cost and then deciding to get off at Edge Hill.....(sorry for non UK, Non NW based crew!)

Oversimplistic yes, but imagine a company setup simply to provide AOC cover on common types such as an Excel. You operate under their approval and pay your monthly money, once they get to a 10 aircraft "Fleet" it all starts to make sense.

Imagine an influx of approved AOC operators who dont need to make money...it would be chaos!