PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 20:37
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like that other forum. They use words on there that I had to look up in Wikipedia, unfortunately they were all blacklisted!

I especially liked the HUW strap line of the pilots being paid 40% more than market rate. I wonder where he got that one from as LH/AF/KLM etc are running far better pay than BA have. Oddly enough I have a feeling that quite a chunk of the wage bill goes to the pilots in most airlines!

BALPA ended up in an impasse over Openskies however it was then generally accepted by the membership that BALPA didn't have the power to stop BA operating another AOC in a seperate country. However, by negotiation, BALPA have placed protections against undermining UK operations. Sadly BASSA haven't had such foresight. Neither did BALPA condone or deny any member their wish to operate as VCC. Oddly enough, as consenting adults, we were all left to make that decision ourselves based upon our own overview of the situation. Couple that with exhaustive briefings by BALPA on their take on the companies position and accurate financial briefings I think we can now see why some pilots and many, many groundstaff took up the mantle.

Makes for a fun, unmoderated read though!