PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 16:59
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KeLC13
I also see a lot of people are concerned about the salary. I don't think it will be anything too low. At the same time, I must agree it's about the passion! I am not saying I'll do it for free, I still need to live. But at the moment, being able to fly outweights the salary. At least this is the case for me.
That’s a pretty ignorant statement when it is quite clear you have never lived in Hong Kong and quite frankly don’t have the foggiest clue to what the real living costs are here. The reality is most of you will seriously struggle here on what an SO earns without a housing allowance and will go backwards financially. Even in GA in Australia on a pathetic GA salary I was still able to put some money away for a rainy day because the living costs were fractional in Australia compared to Hong Kong.

All professional pilots love flying but we fly to live first. If you want to live to fly, take it up as a hobby on the side of some other career. Professional aviation doesn’t need hobbyists polluting it ranks.