PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approaching 65?
Thread: Approaching 65?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 15:47
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't work in UK anymore , 62 next month , quite a lot of work out there , but the extra medical bull**** is getting a bit tiresome .I understand the 6 monthly requirement , but some of the annual / biennial checks are overdoing it . I still have almost perfect hearing , the docs always comment on it , but any credit ? Nada . My eyesight , long distance , all still outstanding , any credit ? Do me a favour . Some eye boffin insisted last year that I had a cataract and that I must have black spots in my vision ! Much heartache and 2nd opinions later , it was nothing as usual , just something the boffin was looking for , expected to find etc. BP fine , now the only thing they can pin me on is slightly elevated cholestorol . I know a 42 year old , pretty fit bloke , whose cholestorol is off the clock , but because I am 20 years older its a HUGE deal ! Some things are hereditary and none of us are the same .
Blood sugar also a big concern these days , mine is ok , but not that of a 25 year old .
I want to fly on but cannot be doing with all this rubbish . They will win in the end . They will medical us out by sheer boredom.
Sim checks ? Doddle .