PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone explain why the MRA4 has been cancelled before we screw up big time.
Old 31st Jan 2011, 12:59
MOA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stumpy - stay away dude!

iRaven,

I worked with SFO on this project and anything he writes is completely 'un-spun' and correct as to the true state of the aircraft.

As to the so called 'list' it is very poor. I am travelling so don't want to waste time answering all points but here's a few.

VMCA - stall limited as predicted. I should know I personally flew the test points. Same with VMCL - both static and dynamic.

VMCG - very cross wind dependent and initially higher than predicted. Gurney flap on the rudder brought VMCG to a useable number. I should know, I personally flew the test points. VMC numbers are just that, numbers defined from test points - no handling issues as you suggest.

Sonobouy restriction. All test points flown, no issues. Again I should know... Awaiting the formal clearance following analysis. Agreed that it is poor that the aircraft did not have the clearance but it was on its way - no more flying needed.

Ailerons - it was the Aieron Feel Trim Unit located at the back of the bomb bay. Please show me a birdsrtike report from the MR2/MR1 from in the bomb bay - not a credible failure...

I could go on but the snow is too good.

I accept that the aircraft is cancelled but true facts only please.

SFO/Betty/Rum stay strong!

Last edited by MOA; 31st Jan 2011 at 15:57. Reason: Typos on the iphone