PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2002, 22:34
R308R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to see what some of you think. I can only talk about BHX because I do not know enough about MAN

BAR BHX actually has made reasonable profits in the past and the current flight crew agreement has led to us probably being the most effecient and flexible pilots in BA. It is a real pitty that the success of the BHX operation has been blown apart for whatever reason you feel like beliving.

It is not a decision at pilot level that has effectively ended the current setup for us in the regions and we are all very very unhappy about it. I do not belive anyone from any company should hold a grudge for individuals, indeed fellow professionals, that have decided to stay. I would guess that most that have decided to stay will have accepted a reduction from the current "lifestyle" because they are motivated more about staying in the midlands for various, mainly family, reasons than chase the so called goodies that may be generated after a long commute down to London.

As for moaners and groaners. Someone will always have a better hand than you, but remember someone will always have less. Do we want to reduce everyone to the lowest level in order to "be fair" or should we try and improve our bit. In our instance I belive we should congratulate both management and Balpa for delivering a practical solution to the problem whist most other areas are still slogging it out.

As I have always maintained on these forums and in discussion, the overall mission from our individual BALPA representatives should be to move towards improving everyones pay, terms and conditions. If your companies reps haven't achieved what you feel is fair then its up to you to do something about it within the framework of your organisation, rather than look at others with green eyed envy.