PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 07:32
DERG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to Trent 972

Yes that video is informative. The Trent is a series of different engines and this example shown here is not the T900 series.

The argument some of us have is that the Trent 900, in the process of certification, used existing data from the test bed from previous Trent series engines.

As the FAA advisory states: if existing data exists then use it. The problem is that the DATA for the T900 is UNIQUE.

We want ALL the data from the T900 series made public so it can be be examined by the engineering community. WE, the concerned members of the public, want the data from that T972 which exploded.

I have no doubt at all that Rolls Royce has taken steps to make the engines in service safe. In so far as risk to the public is concerned, I believe that it has been minimised as far as possible.

Rolls Royce have a duty of care to the public and I believe they have acted since this accident.

Now as far the suggestion that has been made that RR and the regulating bodies can do as they please, that their business is private, strikes me as somewhat disturbing.

Last edited by DERG; 31st Jan 2011 at 07:36. Reason: spellings