PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2011, 00:34
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn´t be too sure that within the "Brotherhood of PPRuners" there are not some members that have the right answers at hand.
Amen to that, but with all the posturing by folks with ready made answers and blame at hand who obviously don't have a clue, there is little sense in adding to the wasted bandwidth of this thread.

As I understand the ongoing discussion. Primary goal is safety. As an - important - side effect, we all want to hear from the "officials" what the root cause of that QF 32 desaster was. Well, we can wait.
Jo
There is that "we" again. What some of us want who fly on this machine, is that enough is known to fix the problem so that it is unlikely to repeat itself. The details of design and certification are in the province of engineers who are tasked with the everyday job involving same. Asking Joe on the street corner to comprehend the design and/or certification and to add his two cents is a waste of time.

Thats' why we have a "Continued Airworthiness" process and the ability for the public to submit meaningful comments to this level of regulation.

So far from what I've read on this board none of the comments submitted so far would overturn this regulatory action.

What design changes RR or its regulators chose to make furthur down the road are theirs to make without public comment.