PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 14:07
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EXWOK
Landroger - the 'tube' houses various nav antennae - can't remember offhand which - it's less obvious than it appears in this pic which is at just the right angle to accentuate it.
The 'tubes' (there are two, side by side) are the fairings for the ADF (automatic direction finder) aerials. And IIRC, the magnetic compass sensors ('flux-valves') are under there as well.

Oh, and.. Landroger, the blank window you mentioned is that of the forward wardrobe.

Of course there was always the infamous OAF 'glitch' which threw up false ADS warnings accelerating through M1 which happened regularly during my time on the fleet and was subject to a tech log supplement. It never seemed to affect the machine in any other way. I dunno if she did this from new or it was a result of her nosejob.
I'd heard about that 'glitch'... Having seen the amplitude of the VSI 'twitch' on video, I can well imagine that if port and starboard weren't totally synchronous, you would get a ADS warning.
Did that knock out the A/P and A/S as well?

BTW, the VSI 'twitch' is now implemented on the Brooklands simulator, but not the OAF 'glitch'....

CJ

Last edited by ChristiaanJ; 30th Jan 2011 at 14:16. Reason: Confused toilet and wardrobe.....