PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOODnight?
Thread: GOODnight?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2002, 20:13
KADS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunkworks-

Before you work yourself up, no harm meant by my statement, but rather an observation.

E.g.
When Malmö aviation started competing with SAS on domestic Swedish routes, and enhanced the service largely like better food, and special services on Fridays, SAS soon followed with the exact same onboard service. Conclusion: Pax on both airlines enjoyed better service, and still do.

If you look at the ads running in the Swedish newspapers they are offering for example "10 round trip Cards" at 8900:- compared to Mavia/SAS 18400:-/18600:- respectivly (Figures taken out of the good ol' memory so don't hang me on errors)
But if you read the fine print that offer is only valid on a specific number of limited tickets, so how much would the standard offer be? My guess is another 50% so about 14000:-

Not that big of a difference compared to the number of departures and service being offered by the others.

I can see your point of start-ups being ushered out when the larger airlines goes on the attack, but a still see the public as winners in the long run....

Don't forget we had a low cost carrier competing on the same routes a few years back, EAC, I believe, so there will always be another one.....