PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 11:32
AnglianAV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A laymans perspective

I've been driven to join in rather than remain a long time lurker.
Firstly, I always viewed the Mighty 'Rod as a spectacular platform manned by the very best in their field (or should I say pond?) and was very upset at the loss of the crew over Afghanistan.
Then, I became increasingly disturbed, disillusioned and disheartened as the truth began to get out. I've viewed Tucumesh as a lone voice in the wilderness fighting an utterly corrupt system. Indeed, I've lost faith in the principles and institutuions upon which I thought our Country rested.

The so called leaders in our armed forces are a pathetic bunch, totally spineless, ingratiating themselves with the political establishment and potential future employers at the expense of their sworn duty. Thank God our people on the frontline have more mettle!
The supplier.... BWoS is a title which I once saw as a rather unfair joke as I felt that they turned out good products and probably had no more problems than any other manufacturer of complex cutting edge military toys. Now I know, if the ST is accurate, differently.

As for the decision to cancel Nimrod. I see two gross errors.
1. Why scrap them? I would have held the supplier to account and required them to make good to a proper standard. Thus rubbing their noses in it and making it emphatically clear that the gravy train is no longer running. Instead we see the government stumping up more funds to scrap them! Question: Who really governs? Corruption?
2. The loss of a vital capability. No, actually several in the case of Nimrod.
Which leaves me to question the real motives behind this... European agenda? Is the Uk a sovereign nation anymore? Answer: No

There are people collecting nice pensions who ought to be behind bars, when it comes to military aviation sfaety, or the lack of it!

MOD... Who are the idiots to allow such slack contract terms? In my experience of fleet purchasing we hammered them down on price, got a specification to suit ourselves and didn't pay until the product was delivered fit for purpose.

Public enquiry? Forget it if you expect a fair outcome that is designed to expose wrongdoing and serve truth & justice. The rules have changed.
Check the Enquiries Act 2005.

Gawd! I get more like Victor Meldrew every day.