PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 11:23
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M2Dude.

Ahah! Got you! Reference my original question about calibrating so many vital analogue systems.

No big deal with a digital ADC of course but not so clever when you are dealing with steam driven analog as we were. (Bearing in mind that any analog ADC is an electro-mechanical device). To give identical Mach 2 cruise readings between ADC 1 & 2 a plug in resistor/diode module was hooked into the respective ADC circuit, and this module stayed with the aircraft always.
I knew there would have to be something somewhere. However, I have to agree that it only goes to demonstrate yet again, just how good were the original systems and the engineers who designed them.

Nice picture from you too Dude, which raises a couple of questions for me. Why the blind window nearest your wife's camera? And I'm not sure why I've never been aware of it before, but this view shows up some sort of tube mounted atop the fuselage, just in front of the fin. What is that please?

Oh and something that your photograph put in mind. It must be very seldom that even a parked aircraft is actually quiet. Being under AC like that must have been a bit un-nerving for someone so used to being next to Concorde, because she must be virtually silent?

Roger.