PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employed by CASA ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2011, 00:53
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last job was cleaning out wheelie bins - how did you know?
Goodo, then given your location you probably worked with a mate of mine in Rocklea doing exactly that, although I don't know how the floods have affected their reconditioned wheelie bin business (honestly, Officer, none of them have been pinched from council parks, really! ). They do quite well out of it, actually.
After all, I'm from CASA and I'm here to help
I was more at the "I'm from the government and I'm here to kick your door in" end of the spectrum, but I suppose it takes all sorts. Anyway, it's good that you're happy, nice when people find their niche.

Just one thing though, does CASA allow its employees to publically identify themselves as employees and post comment on bulletin boards, even 'anonymously'? I only ask because my department certainly didn't and swung a couple of people from the departmental flag pole for doing so (they must be having conniptions about FaceYawn etc ). I realise you may have a second user name for general banter.

To the OP all the best whatever decision you make.
BTW, never do anything on a government computer that you wouldn't want your Mum to see/know about, and never say anything in a government office that you wouldn't want your boss to hear, even if there's no-one else in the room (that's what carparks are for, cover your mouth when you talk and don't always use the same spot).
It's surprising how many public servants forget that.