PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ROTORHEADS AROUND THE WORLD: Videos
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2011, 20:33
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipweight (love the username!),
It seems to play well in most browsers, I am told it is blocked in Saudi Arabia. Try this: search Youtube for "lappos caswell" it should be the first hit. If running that still fails, I will try to strip the music from it and post a second silent copy. Pls let me know.
Nick

Peter-RB, believe me, heroics has nothing to do with it. Vast luck, hanging around with a great set of friends, and a modicum of technical and flight training is everything. There are folks now flying across the world - Africa, Afghanistan, South America, the North Slope, Scandanavia, etc, etc - who do more amazing things, proven, if in no other way, by the safe and dependable service that they deliver for their customers. I learned early on in the Sikorsky pilot's office that there is no better pilot, anywhere, than in the line outfit making his/her living every day doing what normal humans would cockup in a millisecond. Given a few hours and someone else's helicopter, most can be taught to do silly upside down splashy stuff. How many can do night approaches to rigs offshore in the rain, or goggle ops in the mountains, hundreds and hundreds of hours without a single error? Night winching, rural area EMS operations, training of newbies in slight, underpowered machines? We are part of a vast system that I think will be remembered a hundred years from now just as we look at medieval Vikings crossing the Atlantic.