PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2011, 18:44
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
commotion

Was a bit on "idle" for a while. Now I have a problem to cope with all the scientific and engineering entries. But what now I have clearly in mind is, all that is necessary to make a new engine running as planned and predicted and sold to a customer is at place, ready to be adopted and used. Or not ??
Like to quote DERG first.
quote:
Whatever was the cause there was a HELL of a breakdown in communications and respect between the different parts of RR. and Airbus. They spent 15 months flight testing alone.

Very correct !! But what makes you believe they also tested engine vibration in flight ??? What would you say if that wasnīt done probably since the very early RB 211īs or the Trent 500īs ?? What if there already some results came to be known and set aside because they didnīt "fit" the economical targets ? Probably also the pride of some desighners or engineers ??

I know, these are very hypothetical remarks and questions. But imagine if my blind shots turn out to be point hits !!
If that would be true, no silly oil stubb problem or bearing chamber vent or support structure enforcement would help. It ends in something that we might see in about 15 - 18 month, if everyone works as expected.