PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle to Florida S76 - February
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2011, 13:57
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
I well know what you mean about Africa....Elephants are supposed to look like....well Elephants and not errrrr....Mice. Amazing how big the Catfish are in Hippo pools....they must eat well! Keeping a Sentry Baboon away from the Baboon troop has a certain amount of enjoyment too I might add!

Did a ferry flight on Christmas Day in Iran in '78 in a Jet Ranger.....severe clear under the very low overcast....had to navigate by the base of mountains to find our fuel stashes. That was a memorable flight.

Several good flights from Deadhorse to Lafayette and San Diego....lots of snow, fog, rain, cloud....some chip lights, ran short of fuel and got some from a crop sprayer....met some awfully nice people along the way on them.

Some times....one must just lean back....and simply enjoy flying for the sheer sake of flying. There is something to be said for heading SE for a full day and merely check Town Names on Silo's and Train Stations....or the odd highway sign.

Now days I might even just set the GPS to my fuel stop.....and watch the Distance/ETE count down and now and then ensure the map matched what the GPS was saying. Almost like flying offshore looking for Whales!