PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2002, 16:36
Munchkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As i say Aussie 1, timing and patience.
If you are a pilot you are impatient to bring things to a conclusion, mainly because you can see the answer to a problem and you want to move on to other things.
Would you believe CX management see this as a weakness and will use it against you? They do. They try to spread lies, doubt and disunity amongst members with the help of their union busting company Freehills from Oz, only this time it is not working.
Regarding your figure of 30% i doubt that. There are many pilot managers who sneakily left the union just before and during this latest dispute and there are the freighter guys who were out on a limb because they were part of CX's grand plan to erode terms and conditions, but that's another story.
They are the C scalers who are gradually catching up to the B scalers, in fact they are mixing all the time. I think they will all join the union after this dispute.
At present i believe there are 20 different conditions of service for pilots in Cathay. This beancounter lead, closedminded ruthless management need to be ousted and fresh entreprenuerial faces installed, IF the company is to survive because soon, nobody will touch them. It takes an unbelievably short time for a major company to decay - check history.
But play them at their own game is what i would do. They have a more rigid time frame than mine and shareholders to answer to, let those devious bastards sweat for a change which some may well do shorty, i mean shortly - in court!
The words CX manager, pulp, batter, and witness box have been mentioned. Oh dear.