PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 17:53
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great stuff de Havilland (Although this would have been an ideal post for the http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/417...licopters.html thread).

To the best of my knowledge your list appears fairly accurate (and a most useful confirmation of the information I already possess).

Those 'in the know' include PPRuNer Helipixman and Paul Tomlin of Edendale Graphics both of whom have a substantial awareness of the various Ferranti fleets.

I would be intrigued to discover the background on 'Atticus' (G-ATUS) as I had always imagined that Denis operated this while it was registered to Quinton Hazell but, we may be entirely wrong (it wouldn't be the first time). Identifying the shield on the side of Atticus might be a good start.

I am in touch with several members of the Ferranti family and will try and discover the origins behind the naming of 'HoverKnights'.

Some BEA nostalgia:

Bell 47B of British European Airways (BEA) known as 'Sir Balan' at White Waltham in June 1952. The craft was operated by BEA's experimental helicopter unit. (Photo: Frank Hudson)

S.