PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 16:27
TANGO100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New business - you could be loosing out

Just had an interesting conversation with a close contact of mine who is looking at the possibilities of starting a new lo cost airline and is interested in operating out of Doncaster.
They have sent an email so I have been told to Nick at Peel Airports the owner of Doncaster showing interest in the airport and also mentioning the possibly of Leeds too but not one reply has been made.
They also tell me that on the airports own website they posted the same contents of the email and guess what no response.

So for an airport that is desperately looking for new business it is shocking, no totally shocking that a reply hasn't been made, so for anyone reading this that is related to the management of either Peel airports or Doncaster - PLEASE READ YOUR EMAILS !!!!!! You’re loosing out.
Within the conversation they were looking at possibly basing 2 A320s and looking at twice daily routes for both aircraft with a winter ski program and summer program - this could bring in 200,000 passengers - not to be sniffed at Doncaster.