PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2002, 15:26
Happy Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I really find the attitude of you citiexpress pilots quite nauseous. You seem to almost revel in the fact that you are cheap. Surely you should be trying to increase your pay levels to the highest level you can?
The fact is that pilot pay has never been the deciding factor in whether a route or airline is profitable. Just look at what Easyjet and RyanAir are paying. Your costs pale into insignificance when you look at the leasing charges and nav/route charges not to mention fuel. So stop harping on about your cheap pay taking over the regions. You do all pilots a big disservice.
And yes I have got an axe to grind. Today I did my last 737 flight in the regions. I am being forced out because you are taking my job and the opportunities of many of my more junior colleagues. These are our routes our slots and we have worked damn hard to make them grow.
Yes scope is very important to us in BA because we do not want pilots like yourselves trying to steal more of our work by offering your services on the cheap. The only service you offer is a disservice to yourselves and you should be ashamed!!!
As for my BAR colleagues who have chosen to stay I wish them alot of luck if they are going to have to sit along guys like you with these sort of attitudes. Intersting CRM ahead!!!

NOT SO HAPPY BOY