PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines jet goes off runway in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Old 28th Jan 2011, 14:08
alph2z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic, see my replies after the alph2z >>

Alph2Z, it seems to me your graph is off. alph2z >> as I noted in my post, possibly the 6000 ft deceleration; the most difficult pt to determine from the video.

As the green line (speed) is a function of the red line (deceleration), it should become less steep after 5000' as deceleration becomes less. alph2z >> I quickly learned that it is extremely difficult to obtain acceleration from a plot of speed ! On the other hand numbers speak for themselves.

The blue and purple dots at 0' for other aircraft are completely meaningless on a graph like this. alph2z >> Nope, they tell us what average deceleration is achievable in fair to poor braking conditions.

And the deceleration at 6000' shows -1.5 obviously, not -1.8 as you write. That would be at 5000'. alph2z >> As I find typing-text to be extremely boring I kept it, maybe, too sparse. The numbers say -1.5 but if you believe braking action increased monotonically then I would suspect -1.8 is more probable

Last edited by alph2z; 28th Jan 2011 at 18:23.