PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment Statistics oxford aviation academy
Old 28th Jan 2011, 13:03
max_continuous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few of the NJE cadets who accepted the long term leave option were subsequently placed with other airlines through OAA schemes (usually self-funding a TR through OAA).

I don't know where NJE stand on this although as I believe some pilots who also took long term leave for the company are in alternative positions while on leave I guess it's not much of an issue.

I am surprised that the figures for OAA don't include all the cadets who did not accept the redundancy in addition to all the other recruitment as that would surely bolster the numbers. I would say that it is commendable that they don't list graduates in non-flying positions but as they have previously listed graduates who made it as far as the hold-pool before being left for quite some time and changing to alternate employers, it just strikes me as odd. In addition I doubt (actually I'm almost certain) they deleted the statistics for the original HP grads when they changed to other employers, but won;t have wasted anytime in adding to the numbers.

As for the feelings of non-NJE graduates on the issue of the cadets seeming to be popular with all the other schemes, well, personally I am happy for my friends and colleagues, we all want to get into a flying position and I hope they enjoy it. I feel a little let down by OAA as after hearing about the third instance of this occuring in as many months I suspect some politics may be involved while "the rest of us" are steered towards RYR and EZY, but I am a product of the machine and it's my bed so I'll lie in it.