PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado down
Thread: Tornado down
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:36
LookingNorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piesupper
You want to question the choice of music that accompanies that video on the BBC?

1) To my non-technical ear it sounds more like other ambient music (from a car radio, perhaps?) rather than any dubbed-on soundtrack. Try listening to it again, that music is definitely directional.

2) WTF does it matter anyway? A totallly pointless comment. Wag your finger somewhere else.

3) Perhaps you should be questioning the pilots decision to fly so close to the buildings of innocent civilians when he has a sick jet?
I have no idea just where this video was taken from. Was this a possible approach to Stornoway?

The RAF and its glorious allies are responsible for too many smoking holes in the Scottish countryside - so far we have been lucky - no civilian deaths - so far. You still make a mess of our hills and waters far too often. While I am not going down the "narrowly missed the orphanage" route, just cos its sparsely populated doesn't mean its UNpopulated.

4) Want to go and play at fast jets? Do it in the Falklands, at least you are still (sort of) welcome there. The RAF want to shut airbases in Scotland? Don't expect to come up here with your noisy toys and expect to be welcome. And before you give me this spiel about "practising to save lives in Afghanistan", yadda yadda yadda, we were never asked if we wanted to go play at imperialists in Afghanistan (or Iraq). Your pathetic attempts to crawl to the Yanks have made us much more vulnerable, not safer. Ask anyone who was on a bus in London a few years back or tried to go on holiday from Glasgow airport.

PS in spite of the above, I AM genuinely glad the crew got out OK. I hope they appreciate the service they got from the NHS at Raigmore. Maybe they will note how the NHS works a whole lot better in Scotland than down south. Lucky they didn't have to rely on BUPA as the English Tories and LibDems would have us do, eh?

PPS will you be lifting the wreck and doing anything to sort out the marine pollution it has caused?
Excellent crab & sassenach baiting. 8/10, two points deducted for lack of incomprehensible swearing.