PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian med nye F/O requirements
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:24
minimumunstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one has ever argued that Norwegian cannot do as they please, that is not what we are discussing. Of course they can. It is just that it is not regarded as fair and can cause frustration for many pilots, this is a fact, and therefore fairness actually does enter the equation, because that is what we are talking about.

I completely agree with Quagmire, this is a forum for discussion, so let us discuss.

And about all the comments about people not having a job with Norwegian being "bitter" (surprisingly enough of course coming from you who already have jobs in the company), well, what is the problem? Are we not allowed to be a little "bitter" or dissatisfied with their selection process?

It is only natural that some consider it as unjust if a person can get into a company just because he or she knows someone (which has been the case in some circumstances in Norwegian), and of course it will be disliked if you cannot get a job just because you lack contacts. For someone who has worked very hard and has a lot of experience it is natural for them to feel it is unfair when a low-time pilot who maybe has not worked his ass off as much as you gets offered an interview before you do. This is one of the main points of the discussion.

Many of us are providing the reasons for why we feel it is an unfair way of doing things and that we wish it would be done differently. It does not necessarily mean we sit at home without a job whining and bitching about it all day. Personally I wish I had a job with Norwegian, but I don't, and it's not like I let that stop me. I work as hard as I can and find as many solutions as possible to continue my career as a professional pilot. But of course I am dissatisfied by not getting the chance to have an interview with Norwegian when I feel I am qualified, and I have every reason to feel that way. I seriously think you have issues if you cannot understand that concept.

Is Norwegian doing anything wrong? No. Is it any of my business how they choose to recruit their pilots? No. But when this is discussed on an internet forum, I believe that I and everyone else should be allowed to express our opinions and share our frustrations without being told to "stop whining" by all you happy pilots out there who already have a job in the company. I am sure you wouldn't be judging us the same way if you weren't already employed in Norwegian (or another company you are happy with) and were in the same spot as us.

Last edited by minimumunstick; 28th Jan 2011 at 12:41.