PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 11:55
SkyHighSonar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps,

I'm not looking to invite a slaughter, but was just interested to know what the general consensus is for beginning flight training within the next few months in context of the last year or two (which I do of course realise have been quite clearly hurrendous).

I ask because I am provisionally booked in to start training with CTC in April, and frankly the decision of whether to go ahead with it is one of the most categorically difficult I have faced in my life to date. I am all too aware of the abysmal T's & C's for new pilots, but with hints of things improving (which, with even BA recruiting, surely must be true to some extent) it will chip away at me for years if I know I had the chance and didn't have the guts to take it.

That said I'm not about to commit financial suicide if I genuinely believe it is a real likelihood, however I can only base it on what information I have. CTC say their hold pool is only in the 20's (take from that what you will), and decreasing still. For those of us with huge aspirations and no benefit of hindsight, it's very difficult to pass up this sort of opportunity, even if it means slumming it as EasyJet's rent boy for a few years.

Comments always appreciated.