PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help PPL > NPPL > LAPL
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 09:42
Bigbangman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

THanks for all the replies.

It seems to be along the lines I thought for getting the licence back, I assume that the examinations do not need to be retaken, but you need to satisfy the the instructor /CFI when retraining of your relevant knowledge.

"Gasil" - as stated the old PPL was a fully blown one, in the "olden days" back then there wasn't anything along the lines of a NPPL.

"Whopity" - thanks for the advice and recommendations, have pm'd you back. Only thing is I'm pretty sure that I'm down the NPPL route due the diabetes, so if they are wanting a Class 2 for the LAPL I may as well give up before
starting, (as it stands now the NPPL will fully my current needs and aspirations)

"Billie Bob" - thanks useful info that it envisaged the LAPL will be for EASA up to 2000kg etc.

As my decision going forward is I suspect very much about the Medical for the LAPL being no more onerous than the DVLA professional standards does anyone know when this will all become clear, or the current position? As this is just over a year away I would have thought it must be soon as personally I don't want to commit expenditure to something I may not be able to see through if the goal post are moved too far from now.

Thanks again everyone.