PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian med nye F/O requirements
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 07:38
dire straits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid topic and discussion!
To many bitter dudes here, its every airlines right to recruit in the way they prefer. In DY they go by word of mouth, aptitude testing?? You might get good pilots with it, DY has decided to do a very extensive backgroundcheck before they call pilots on interview. Once on the interview they just want to assure you are an ok person that will fit in with the rest. Have worked with four different airlines and not one of these had such a good working environment on the flightdeck, that is because DY actually has decided to recruit personalities.
As for bitterness, I wanted LT and the-200, I have 8500hrs, 1700hrs PT6 on BE's, 5000in command on t-props, passed aptitude tests for WF, SK and Thomson, applied to LT 1,5 yrs ago still havent heard a word from them. Recruitment in this industry has never been to everyones liking, and looking back to my 500-1500 hr days I also felt it was unfair.
DY however wanted me, so here I am!
As I started with, it is really up to each individual company as to how they want their recruitment to be done and I know that pilots in DY have and aptitude and attitude that is equal to or even better than what competing airlines get!