PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right path.. Stapleford? OAA?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 07:06
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The positive points I see in SFC is that they have their own dedicated airfield, close to london so it should be quite a busy airspace as well (not comparing with bonus) and it's close to home - and they seem better organised than bonus do.
Indi1988, I wouldn't concern yourself too much about the location of the school. If anything the location of Bonus, being at Cranfield would be an advantage due to the fact the airfield can get very busy, and it has the CAA test centre on site, so being based at Cranfield, would help you get used to the whole operation from day 1. Neither airfield lies inside controlled airspace, the London TMA from both airfields lies vertically displaced from both ATZ's.

I did my CPL and IR from an airfield without a test centre, and with no instrument approaches on site, and the only real disadvantage was we had to fly to other airfields to fly the instrument approaches, but this didn't really cause a problem.

I have been to SFC a couple of times, and to me it seemed to be a good outfit. A few of my friends went there and had no complaints and are now enjoying airline careers. If you live just down the road and money is tight it seems like a no brainer.

Also guys, 9 times out of 10, in terms of your airline careers, it really makes no difference where you did you training. As long as you pop out the other end, with your shiny blue licence, IR and ATPL credits, that is all the airlines will be interested in, in terms of your credentials. Once you get you foot in the door with an interview, it will be you and your personality that gets you the job. Getting that foot in the door is the tricky bit!

Enjoy the course, whatever you decide.

Last edited by CAT3C AUTOLAND; 29th Jan 2011 at 18:25.