PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2011, 00:52
scran
Music Quizmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, Dick, Dick...............................

This is getting tiresome - don't you ever get sick of being like this?

Your lack of understanding about several issues in your post continues to prove that you use half-arsed information, or selective information, based on third hand advice from people who are not that smart. Your discussion about target resolution etc is so stupid it's almost funny!!!!!

Oh - you got a Sea Sprite reference in - well done!

Your comments about black and white TV and current displays etc is laughable. The previous SURAD analog radar defence used was a 23cm radar - on a C130 sized aircraft at 40 miles it was not uncommen to have a radar return almost 4 miles wide in some instances!! The new radars at 10CM or so (can't rememebr - my closed mind is failing me) remove a lot of that problem - but in nearly ALL modern ATC systems the display is effectively synthetic - you are not looking at a "raw" cathode ray tube.......

I'm surprised you talk about morale - you don't appear to understand anything about it...........

You SHOULD know from your time as CASA Chairman the REAL situation about changes to ATC/Airspace rules etc - yet you bang on about 1983 around the world flights.........

Yup, I'm sure you understand how you get OUTSTANDING coverage of aircraft at low level from land based radars.

I know you have been on about it for 25 years. You had a chance to change things when you were CASA Chairman - your Airspace changes in late 90's went terribly well didn't it?

I'm pleased to see you make a comment about how crap Raytheon Radars are - why don't you write to them and repeat your comments - I'm sure they will value your contribution.

Oh, and as to never asking advice - the team of controllers and engineers did a 5 week tour that included visiting radar sites or manufacturers in several USA locations, several UK locations, Italy, Spain, Finland, Sweden and Norway during the tender evaluation process..........

Yes - I said it before and I'll say it again - coming on here bleating about procedures etc and displaying your poor understanding of issues is NO WAY to achieve the changes you want - and you wonder why your are ignored or marginalised................

Please - do us all a favour

Give it a rest!

Goodbye

Last edited by scran; 28th Jan 2011 at 02:04.