PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4 Being Broken Up
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 17:54
europaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five Nimrod-sized hangars at Cosford, and all empty last time I was there. Ditto many RAF airfields all over the place. In spite of what is spouted at us flying the completed airframes there would have cost nothing, and they could have been left there for as long as needed. What on earth the Americans would say about this I don't know - all their airframes are stored in the desert until museum keepers start hunting them in packs.

I'm absolutely a Conservative to the core but I am afraid that in my eyes Cameron is now a complete t--t. What the hell sort of country builds a fleet of aircraft for £4bn then scraps them because some damn politicians decides we don't have the money to run them!

What about the Sentinel? Came in under budget, world leading aircraft, but being sold (or on current form, turned in to beer cans) by 2015, after seven years. Incredible.

Seeing Cameron repeating again and again about "Cats and traps" for the new QE class carriers during PMQs was the only time I have actually confronted the TV with physical violence. Thinks he can make himself look like an expert by spouting some slang he's picked up from the Yanks, probably thinks he's Tom-bloody-Cruise. To me, he has proved himself completely unfit to lead.