PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Security -Plastic Bag "Advisory"
Old 27th Jan 2011, 15:07
Seat 59A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquids

Amusing thread. I can't help thinking that there isn't much point squabbling over definitions of what is 're-sealable' and what isn't. The point is that the idiots at security can define in anyway they want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it once you're in the line. In fact, they can (and I suspect do) change the requirements every couple of hours for their own amusement. On the other hand, remember that the liquids ban is due to be scrapped quite soon by the EU, whilst I have noticed that in many places (especially US) it is pretty much ignored. Over the past 6 months I have taken to leaving my bagged liquids in my luggage and it has never been picked up. On one occasion I walked through with a 300 ml bottle of contact lens solution - again, ignored or not noticed. If the latter, I suppose it is quite worrying really, but all the more reason to be completely cynical about these idiotic measures and their inconsistent and incompetent application.

Monkey Island and Barbary Apes indeed ... haha, quite apt. BAA = Barbary Apes Authority?