PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10540 Congratulations on over 12000 posts
Old 27th Jan 2011, 11:01
nick ritter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pace,

In answer to your initial post, my own motivation for posting on PPRuNe is driven almost entirely from a desire to gain a greater knowledge and understanding from those who are far more advanced than I am

As a relatively new PPL, I find the site a great asset to tap into. As flying is a hobby of mine, I enjoy opening the site on my I phone to just browse through as and when I am free

As I intend to use my PPL to travel for pleasure, be it trips to Italy or the South of France for long weekends, I am drawn most to threads that are based around trips or people asking for advice on such trips

The natural thing that follows from this is how to get there and I find myself drawn to the GPS and software systems threads (especially as these are not taught at all during the PPL and are all new to me)

Equally as I am 2/3rds of the way through my IMC training and I am drawn to threads that relate to this

The thing that stands out most to me from 10540 (over my very brief PPRuNe experience) is his willingness to help out. Perhaps not always seen on the thread, but the off thread comments of advice and the offer to come and sit down to help

For someone like myself, this offer is fantastic and much appreciated, as indeed is all the advice and experience that other PPRuNer’s give through their posts

So thank you

Nick