PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 10:07
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying lid
What a fascinating story. I'd not heard about these tests before I have to admit, but the results would be quite typical of the tough old lump that was the OLY593.
As far as the engine bay doors go, well they were tough as old boots and weighed a ton (literally ) but had no integral oil tanks or anything. (Although in airline service the Olympus being a leaky old girl you could happily have an oil bath IN the doors once you opened them for access. (It was messy stuff too and it just LOVED to decorate white shirts ). The engine bay doors you mention in Yeovilton of course belong to prototype 002 and may well have some flight test gear attached. (Popping down there to take some photos in a few weeks, so I'll have another look too).

artee
You are most welcome here, and your story is anything BUT a bore. Passenger reactions to flying on our lady are always great to read. The likes of Bellerophon, EXWOK, NW1 and of course landlady would always go out of their way to make every passenger feel special. (And as you found out in the pre 9-11 days passengers were also invited up for flight deck visits after the meal service was finished).

Best regards
Dude