PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right path.. Stapleford? OAA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 10:02
indi1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your approval Downwind that I am a nice guy. This has reassured my confidence.

Pass rate at SFC for CPL and IR is 95%. I'm not to sure about the student/instructor ratio but judging from previous posts, it's not too much bother getting an instructor for the time you need.

Aircraft down time should be minimal as they have their own maintenance facilities as do Bonus.

I really couldn't give a monkeys about the environment, otherwise I would have been going to Oxford, for the image - I care about a decent standard of training and job prospects afterwards. I'm not at all implying that bonus has a band standard of training, I'm sure they're the same as SFC but when I spoke to the GM, she couldn't show me any records of students they have placed with airlines in the past few years, where as SFC had siginificant traceability on their students.

I'm sure Bonus has it's good standards as you state, but it seems purposeless moving up to Cranfield if I'm not gaining any thing I couldn't get from SFC.

The positive points I see in SFC is that they have their own dedicated airfield, close to london so it should be quite a busy airspace as well (not comparing with bonus) and it's close to home - and they seem better organised than bonus do.

Sorry for the rant!