PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10540 Congratulations on over 12000 posts
Old 27th Jan 2011, 09:20
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540 I feel has taught me alot in a relaitvely short period of time. His website, as mentioned above, makes for excellent reading. However, rather than the post count one may have, what makes me shut up and listen is when I discover that someone has went down the same road I intend on going down and this is the case with IO540. i.e. PPL not for the sake of going for £100 coffee or bacon buttie, but to actually go places (whenever I can, Instructing is where my heart truely lies, for now).

So his stories of gaining his PPL leading on to IMC training, buying a (Dutch I think?) reg aircraft (TB20), placing it on the UK G register, operating it in a non equity group before taking over the aircraft himself, FAA IR and placing the aircraft on the N register and his write-ups of some serious IFR trips over europe. (Though I am disappointed to see by a map on his site he appears to only have been to Ireland once ) All this is relevant information to my aim and if I get as much out flying in the next few decades as IO540 has then I'm not doing too bad at all!

Also, I would take his posts seriously because I can tell by his writing (which counts for alot in enviroments such as these) that he is quite the perfectionist and believes, quite strongly I would say, that there is little point in only putting in half the effort required to try and do something properly.

To answer Pace's question, why do I post on here? Short answer is I don't. Well not anything of much use anyway! If there was a way to display how many topics or posts I have read well thats another story....

Ryan