PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joint European Armed Forces
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 08:28
Halton Brat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joint European Armed Forces

Ok, that's it. The sight of JCB's eating Nimrods is too much for me. I never dreamed that someone like me:

(ex-RAF 24yrs, Fast Jets/SH/Trainers/Maritime/cut me in half & letters RAF visible etc)

would say this, but here goes:

1. The UK Armed Forces have been over-stretched by Blair & his egotistical ambitions (quote: "I feel the hand of history on my shoulder").

2. The present Government, as if to compound the above, are embarked on a 'scorched earth' policy unequalled since the Soviet retreat on Moscow in WW2.

3. The lost skills/knowledge/expertise in many areas will be impossible to replace. The generational 'inheritance' is broken. This particularly true in the Maritime area (is this not an island nation, with all that that implies?).

4. Was the blood of our forefathers shed in order that the very liberty that they suffered to defend may be exposed to such peril in an increasingly dangerous world?

Therefore, I feel that if we can't afford to do the job properly (we are not alone in this), we should push towards Joint European Armed Forces in a highly integrated format.

There. I said it. God (& Lord Trenchard) forgive me.