PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 05:20
scran
Music Quizmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh - and Dick,

you need to have a word with this "Submarine" friend of yours.

I'm sure, in the current climate, the UK would happily "unload" an excess Nuke or two to us for a bargain price.

Now - ask your Submariner "mate" about the Fundermental Inputs to Capability (FIC) costs of owning/operating those Nukes would be compared to the cost of new diesel electrics.

Oh - and while you are at it - ask him about Diesel electric "indiscretion" rates and how many times he has been delected on Radar.

A P3 NAV with me on Staff College was heard to say when standing along a Collins Class tied up alongside "this is about the only time I've ever seen a diesel sub" - properly operated they are bl**dy hard to detect, and given our extensive experience with them (apart, apparently from your mate) are a cost effective deterent.........

(Phew - got through the whole post without once being tempted to consider how stupid this new bent on the argument is)

Oh - and Arrrj -

(want a pissing contest? Tell me your qualifications to discuss ATC procedures. I had 16 years actual experience "on the mike". And READ my comments, for example - I clearly stated I'm not dead against Dick wanting to improve things - I actually think there is scope - it's the way he goes about it that is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and while the procedures might be slightly different - the Lane you used at Williamtown was in existance LONG before the Victor lane in Sydney)