PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 04:58
Arrrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Dick (and others),

In Dick's defence I think that you are all missing the point.

To me it is pretty clear - Dick wants (in this case and many others) Australians to look outside our country and use what we find there that is smart.

Dick is a motivated individual and wants the very best for his country - and I think that he has demonstrated this over many years of effort. I can see no reason why a review of the way the US handles things (better no doubt) would not be a good idea.

Don't forget that Dick has actually flown around the world (numerous times) and has ACTUALLY dealt with ATC in these countries...I think he is qualified to comment, unlike some of the other opinions offered.

As a heli pilot flying around Sydney, thanks for 405 and the Victor lane Dick ! As you have said prior, copied from the US.

As for Willy, I have never had a problem transitting through via the coast, and the controllers have been nothing but helpful, and I don't read anywhere in Dick's posts that he is unhappy with them either - despite the insinuation he is bashing the military workers !

On your eyes everyone, there is a bloody good reason Dick is so successful, he has an open mind.