PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Lose Cat 2 status.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2011, 00:20
Ghost_Rider737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion I think the management at 1time must be commended to an extent !

1Time has grown since its inception...albeit with the same "old" aircraft type essentially....the only airline still operating those machines in large numbers is Delta and American. They can do it because the operating costs (of the MD fleet) are probably being absorbed by the other 100 ,or so, aircraft they operate(ie. B737/767/777/744 and A330's).

In the case of Mango and Kulula , they both "piggy back" on their parent companies. When I was at comair afew years ago their kulula Jhb-PE flights were combined with BA flights. (pax scored cause they didnt need to pay for food.) In the case of Mango...well lets not even go there....

Anyway, my point is that the guys at 1time must be doing something right. They "piggy back" on themselves.....everything they've done has been on their own accord so lets not "run" them down !!!

I hope they sort out this cat 11 status issue and move on...hopefully a newer fleet is on the cards....

btw. the longest delay I have ever experienced in my LIFE was with 1time...it was from Dbn-Jhb on the 24th of Dec 2004. I was booked on the 2pm flight to JHB (24th).....we eventually left on xmas day at 1pm.........................on SAA. LOL ...the staff at 1time booked 80 pax on an SAA flight from Dbn-Jhb . Apparently a technical delay led to a "crew" shortage . Never seen so many p#ssed off people before. It would have been easier if we just got on a bus ! ....