PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 20:19
mikerawsonderby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby and Walkway

Baby - I can hear all the 'I told you so' already.

Walkway - I've just had a look at the poor quality plans on the council website. From what I can see EMA got approval for a walkway a couple of years ago, but this strangly seemed to end just before domestic arrivals, and I can't tell what happened after that! The latest plans are to extend this to dump passengers at the international arrivals 'hall'.

There is still complete segregation of arriving passengers from those departing. There is a covered walkway by the east side of the satellite pier plus a single entrance from the west side. There are some alterations at the satellite entrance to make room for stairs and escalator to get passengers to first floor level. The existing elevated walkway is then partitioned with arriving passengers on the apron side, with the original extension then continuing at high level in front of the departure hall. This extension has two access towers. The new extension then continues, ending in a slow descent to the front of arrivals. There is also a further access pier just before the end of the walkway.

At least people will stay dry queuing at border control!

Mike