PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help PPL > NPPL > LAPL
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 10:52
Bigbangman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help PPL > NPPL > LAPL

Hi,

Hopefully someone can clarify the following for me as the more i read the more confused I've become.

I wish to get my licence back, its a CAA issued non expiring PPL/A and i last flew in 1992. I am aware of the EASA tinkering that will start next year but i wish to complete this in 2011; so could someone explain what is required to

A) get my old PPL back, experience and exam taking wise

and

B) likewise to use this to get a NPPL, experience and exam taking wise (due a maybe potential medical problem "tablet diabetes")

I have read LASORS and believe its pretty much training agreed by CFI, a LST test and oral technical exam? And bank on about an hour for each year that has gone by!

Additionally, i believe that the likelihood at the moment is that the NPPL will transit to a LAPL from 2012 - 2015 with the same rights and medical as now for the NPPL, e.g. 2000Kg SSEA and DVLA prof level medical. If does go this way am i right in thinking that the LAPL will be valid in all member states, in Annex II and EASA aircraft with 4 pax up to MAUW 2000kg?

Thanks in advance, it is confusing and research seems to be disregarding the old PPL licence and only mention the JAA etc

Obviously if i get as far as getting it back in 2011, 2012 will bring more fun no doubt with its transfer to the EASA regime.

Thanks in advance, and if anyone knows of a good instructor for NPPL SSEA in Midlands / Warwickshire can you let me know (more interested in someone, somewhere thats not building hours for a right seat as had a lot of those the first time around )

Cheers