PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 10:04
Avgas172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote: Runaway Gun, Before anyone else cries about the pay in GA etc, please remember that the boys and girls in the military (not just the aviators either) have to do alot of other dangerous and boring tasks. Some of them get shot at too, whilst defending Australia, and some of them die in accidents whilst in uniform.

Yes, I agree that all aircrew should be paid more, and that includes GA and the Regional Airlines. But military people don't necessarily get it any easier.

Yes RG and in the last few dozen years, around 500 + PA have died in transport related accidents on the way to work, at work and on the way home (Aust Bureau of Statistics) in Australia. That in no way lessens the job the Mil guys have to do but its a job, and the overall risks are no more or less than a Driver punching a 6000 tonne 2 km long missile @ 115kmph in the dark, through the nullabor desert every day of the week, hoping like hell the track is still there.

PS I have 2 Boys in the Mil & 3 Police officers still in the service, and I still s**t my self when the phone rings in the night
A172