PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 09:29
Golf-Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SadPole - but why do you continue to lie?

The title of the article is (and this is a quote) "Prezydent nie jest pakunkiem, decyzja należy do niego" - "The president isn't freight, it is his decision".

The fact that Onet has twisted the link to the article a 'bit' - well as I said Onet makes the Daily Mail seem like professional journalism. And anyone who claims to be an inteligent person simply does not quote that sort of source, especially on a form with the word 'professional' in it's name.

This is an excerpt from his full statement - which reads: "Jest chyba oczywiste, że prezydent czy premier nie jest pakunkiem na pokładzie samolotu i gdy trzeba decydować, na które lotnisko lecieć, kiedy nie można lądować na lotnisku zaplanowanym, decyzja należy do niego lub osoby przez niego wskazanej" - "It's obvious that the president or prime minister are not freight and when a decision is needed which airport to go to if you can't land at the planned airport it is up to him or someone nominated by him".

As regards the sterile cockpit the article stated:

"Według niego o naciskach nie może świadczyć obecność w kabinie pilotów zarówno gen. Andrzeja Błasika jak i szefa protokołu dyplomatycznego Mariusza Kazany. Według Kaczyńskiego takie zachowanie (obecność w kabinie pilotów – red.) jest normą. - Piszę to jako były premier, który dziesiątki, jeśli nie przeszło sto razy w ten sposób podróżował."

"According to him [J Kaczynski] the fact that Blasik and Kazan were in the cockpit cannot be taken as proof of pressure being put on the pilots. According to Kaczynski such behaviour (non crew in the pilot's cabin) was something normal (i.e. usual, typical of these flights). I am stating this as a former Prime Minister who has travelled in this way tens of, perhaps even over a hundred times".

So he was not commenting on the legality of people in the pilot's cabin.

The final paragraph of this article - where J Kaczynski points out that the 36th PAF Squadron is subordinate of the Government (i.e. prime minister) not of the Presidential office - you conveniently leave out from your comments.

Come on man - think - Tibilisi - why did the pilot get a medal, who made that decision? Answer - the Minister of Defence - i.e. the Government. So who do the staff of the 36th report to? Government - Yes. President - No.

So SadPole - please leave your personal political agenda off of this forum.

Golf-Sierra