PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 08:46
RockShock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Artificial Horizon
At least in my opinion it is not. I don't think any of us here blames the ATC for the crash, please do not exaggerate the discussion. What everyone here is trying to point out is that the report is not complete and I think it's important it is as complete as possible to avoid future accidents.
Based on MAK report the crew under pressure busted the minima and crashed the plane, however due to Polish investigation this is not true: the crew properly called for g/a but failed to execute it properly. This has tremendous implications, as it can help save lives in the future for other Tu-154 pilots in the world - the training etc will be able to be updated with those findings.

About the ATC, nobody here is blaming them for ordering the a/cto fly into ground. I think the general consensus is that ATC could have prevented the crash if warned the aircraft in due time, but failed to do so. It doesn't mean that ATC is blamed for CFIT by anyone (not sure if we can call this accident a CFIT after all recent discoveries though)

From latest news, the Polish criminal analysis lab reading the CVR says that they managed to read the whole recording and there will be no [unintelligible] parts in the transcript published by Polish side and all the voices will be identified. That's a good news as I think the CVR is critical to deeming any pressure etc. Of course, in this thread we already have a fine example of someone who believes that the tapes are being tampered here by the brother of the late president and the words are inserted there to suit the Polish theory, so please take my words with a dose of respect - I may be a mole here