PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Approach Briefing
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2011, 05:32
Hunter S Thompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting back to the original topic for a moment, many airlines around the world including mine roster pilots for airport briefings etc from home (ie a paid work day). I have done briefings under both systems and much prefer the briefings from home so long as it is a rostered duty. Generally I do my briefings on an overnight and enjoy an extra day off at home . Or maybe you prefer the extra driving (in AKL traffic) and hanging around work, each to their own.

Re NZALPA, I agree that they need to take better care of their non ANZ pilot members. For example discussion of the Jet Connect/QF situation, a major issue which should also concern ANZ members with any foresight, being left until after many trivial ANZ items at a recent ALPA meeting. ALPAs real agenda with regard to this issue seems unclear. Are they really acting in members best interests?

I agree with Remoak completely, NZALPA is a crap union that needs to stop spending its time gazing into ANZ navals and actually act in all its members best interests.