PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 20:46
Alice025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re MAK certifying everything - I am not so sure. If to judge by their site - they do certify everything :o))) - the part of the site called "Certificates" is split into Airlines certification, Aircrafts made within the Commonwealth of Independent states' certification :o)))) (the C.I.S used to unite 12 republics/now new countries out of 15 republics/now countries of 15 USSR ever had in total) (15-3 Baltics), Educational centres certification :o)))))),
Medical centres' certification, Airports certification, airport radio equipment certification, airport lighting systems' certification, aircrafts' engines produced in the CIS certification. and a handful/several more sub-sections re airport equipment.

The sections under these titles give to who what was certified when and type of that something, maker, valid through - expiry date.
For the past 20 years roughly. (one off is TU-134 certified it states "in 1977" when there were no MAK :o))))))))
The rest fall into dates of MAK existence, since 1991 - that Commonwealth of the ex' formation.

(The Commonwealth used to have 12 members, but as we quarrel and make peace again - some countries exit - then return back, on average I'd say there are always 8-9 countries "in the club" but you never know.) Can be 5 in half a year 10. Then 7 again. ;o) (It is possible by its rules to walk back and forward, when it suits a country it joins, some tariffs or something).

According to those certificates' list MAK never certified TU154 (M or simply 154), never certified any Smolensk airports (no Smolensk in at all, neither Southern nor Northern) - it never certified Aeroflot or any big other Russian airlines, clearly didn't certify some airports we have (I wish I knew how many there are in all? to compare), with regards to airport equipment - it can not be that all technical things an aerodrome or an airport has can be listed in several pages incl. radio equipment and lights - if someone hints me equipment type applied on Northern lights and radio included - I can check whether there is a conflict of interest here.
But most equipment MAK certified is "Siemens" in makers and all big foreign names other o))))) I don't think they got very exhausted certifying :o)
Alternatively it's things made by Tajikistan and other small non-aviation traditionally countries' makes. Some light bulbs and whatever.
Likewise the airlines they certify are those countries' names.

I think MAK in this certification competes with someone as in one airport there are clearly more various boxes and cables' names and devices in crowds not what is in 5-7 pages of MAK. And it is those electricity cables certified, separate components.
But I don't know with who MAK competes for certification field, may be there are more knowledgable people here. I think they pulled to themselves all CIS business, majority of it, in terms of airlines' certification, and those "medical centres" are all in our "ex" places.