PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 25th Jan 2011, 16:26
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So much spin and so little facts!
Well, to be frank, what you are chasing are opinions. There can be no 'facts'. Ones experience of AsA is going to be entirely subjective, by definition.
I can only add to the chorus that AsA was the worst employer I have had. The best job, for the worst employer.
As to your situation: In banking, you would be well versed in risk. The sort of facts you could apply in making an assessment are
- you haven't even passed testing, interviewing etc, so are a way from making a decision
- older candidates will struggle (to make it thru the process), given the amount of service you have left in you, and the difficulty of the course
- historically, something like 50% of the candidates who start training will end up as ATCers. That is a biggie. If your starting the course is a 'point of no return', then ponder this point deeply.
You sound like you will have regrets if you do not move this forward, so, personally, I would say try it, but do a lot of work on your plan B from here on. If you consider that staying in your present position is not an option, then you won't regret changing course, whether that results in you becoming an ATC or a coffee shop owner. But I digress. Meeting actual current employees is probably the best thing you can do at this point.
the rest is as bad as bad gets.....i read on here long ago about how bad it was, thats not true-ITS MUCH WORSE!
Lots could be said about that.